What do we mean by “personal information” and what type of personal information do we collect from you?
“Personal information” means any information concerning an identifiable individual.
The personal information we collect from you will depend on who you are, your geographical location, and the purposes for which you are engaging our services. The type of personal information we may collect from you includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- your contact information (such as your name, email address, home address, and phone number);
- your credentials and resume (such as your employment and academic history);
- your personal and employment references (we assume that you have obtained the consent of any person used as an employment reference to release their personal information so that they may be contacted in aid of your job search);
- your description of the type of employment opportunities that interest you;
- your salary and/or benefit expectations;
- your social insurance number, date of birth, and emergency contact information;
- information from third party sources such as social media websites; and
- any data related to your use of our services and your employment that we may create and/or record.
Why do we collect your personal information and how do we use it?
We collect and use your personal information in order to:
- provide our services to you more effectively (for instance, using your credentials to determine if you are a suitable candidate for a particular employment opportunity);
- satisfy our clients’ requests for information regarding potential candidates;
- create a personality profile that is used to determine your “fit” based on the needs of a potential employer;
- inform you of other services that we provide and that may benefit you (such as promotional and networking events);
- correspond and send information to you;
- review the services that we provide to you so that we may improve those services; and
- any other purpose to which you consent.
We will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information unless we believe that it is reasonable to do so and that we have your implied or express consent to collect, use, or disclose such personal information unless we are required to do so by law.
How may your personal information be disclosed by us?
We may disclose your personal information to prospective employers when we decide there is or will be an employment opportunity for you with a particular prospective employer. We will also share your personal information with all of our branches in order to better find you an appropriate employment opportunity.
Who has access to your personal information?
How do we protect and store your personal information?
We store your personal information in Bullhorn, our Customer Relationship Management and Applicant Tracking System. We have industrial standard technical, procedural, and physical safeguards in place to protect your personal information. These safeguards are specifically designed to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction. Furthermore, each employee, contractor, and consultant of ours that has access to your personal information is under an obligation to maintain your confidentiality and has been instructed to comply with this policy.
However, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not become accessible by an unauthorized person. If it does, then you will be provided with notice of such an event within seventy-two (72) hours of its discovery. If you ever receive an electronic communication which claims to be from us that you have concerns about, please contact us immediately. Phishing, spam, and pirating of email addresses is a growing problem and we appreciate being informed of any relevant incidents so that we can investigate the problem and continue to provide you with the best service possible.
How long do we keep your personal information?
What type of consent are you providing to us? What if you want to revoke your consent?
By using our website and providing us with your personal information, you are giving us your express consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. You may revoke your consent at any time. All revocations of consent should be made in writing and sent to our Privacy Officer. Any withdrawal or modification of consent may limit or prevent us from providing you with our services.
Can you request to see what personal information we have collected about you?
You have the right to request all of the personal information we have collected from or about you. All requests should be made in writing and sent to our Privacy Officer. When submitting a written request, we may request specific information about you in order to verify your identity.
300 Adelaide Street East, Suite 400
Toronto ON M5C 1K6
Our website also uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics creates reports about visitor activities that we use to improve our services. Information provided to us through Google Analytics is not provided to us in a personally identifiable format and you may opt out of its use at any time (by using the “Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On”). The information gathered through Google Analytics is retained indefinitely.